I have decided-chhyang and Tongba-making, and mushrooms are my future projects

I found a reasonably priced supplier for Kodo millets, which means I'm gonna be all-in on Tongba-making now! Also, the Sept 1 vintage chhyang is coming up nicely though those four gallons are occupying 'an inordinate space in my fridge- thinking it'll be safe to put them in the oven that remains as my fermentation station since the temperatures are pretty low.

Next step in chhyang 'making' is to use other flavoring's and starch sources like sweet potatoes in the original fermentation stage. And eventually I want to go more experimental with other ingredients, using digestive enzyme tablets to break down the unwanted long-chain molecules into simple sugars for fermentation.

Tongbta will be fun and interesting brew too, and it's a much simpler process over all. Also looking into using Sorghum as a grain source to make a tongba-like drink. They make a tonne of sorghum-based booze in western Africa, but the process is kinda long and convoluted, so I want to see if I can create a sorghum Tongba experience.

And of course, mushroom growing 'is all in the cards, Once I'm back from celebrating Xmas and New Year later this year.

My hydroponic system remains unused as of now, and it too will get started early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.