Improvement on the child labor situation in the restaurant business in Nepal

This is one of those silly observations I made yesterday but there was heft to the matter, so am writing here. We were at the fancy Thakali restaurant in Budhanilkantha yesterday and I observed how the servers were so fashionable these days.

That led me into the rabbit hole of memory of how restaurants had so many young kids( uneducated child labor) working for them in the past but you don't see that much these days. And the working 'kids one does see, they don't appear during school hours so the is a much better chance they're going to school now.

I like to complain a whole lot about all the bad thing's happening in Nepal, and this observation of mine is more 'vibes-based' than based on facts and numbers, but it's clear things are moving in the right direction& that conditions have improved for poor kids, and that's definitely something worth being grateful for and writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.