I love the floor-seating restaurants in Nepal

I write this as I sit at the Firefly restaurant in 'Freak St.? It's got floor seating so my feet are comfortably stretched out on the floor and my back rested against back pillow. Their cushions certainly need a refresh as do their carpets-it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if my older cousins sat on these very cushions( and covers) in the early-to-mid nineties, wouldn't surprise me if they haven't been washed very often either. The business is decent, I guess, they don't need to worry about foot traffic or innovation, so nothing's forcing them to get their act together even though 'their act' in this specific case means basic cleanliness and hygiene unfortunately.

Right, floor-seating. Got a bit distracted there, sorry, sorry. I do love these restaurants because they've got a more chill, relaxed vibe. For some reason I don't see tight-assed suits and ties sitting on those grimy floors, resting their back against the wall& talk big business. I only see friends with not a care in the world between them( besides the going abroad thing) drinking and joking and talking a bit too loudly and reminiscing like old timers even though they're quite young in the scheme of things. Or couples away from the prying eyes of the world looking for every opportunity to make out and fondle each other. It's easier when you're both firmly planted to the ground and don't have to worry about chair balance, or so I'm told.

My parents have floor seating at their place, I have it too at mine, and my comfort level fog a traditional eatery goes up if it too has floor seating. Why not a pizza place, or a mo mo place though? People need to innovate here. Cushion chairs. Floor chairs. Ground sitting everywhere. That is my dream. A grounded and rather Unambitious it may be, but our dreams and desires are Just reflections of ourselves, are they not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.