Addiction with social media

My addiction to social media has made an unwelcome comeback in the last two weeks, ever since I stopped posting here.

Not entirely unexpected, I'll give one that, all that free time has to go somewhere. If I'm not reading to generate content for y'all or procrastinating writing, I'll have to be doing something, and that's manifested itself in the form of going back on twitter, as well as news etcetera on reddit.

I've talked about my internet/social-media addiction in the past. It had been in check for the past five years or so, ever since the orange clown became big news because it was too stressful for me to be online. Since his election loss though, the mental barrier came down and this year's been all-in on those websites.

And this trip specifically, when I stopped giving time to reading and writing, I've lost all self control and discipline, and am so shamelessly wasting my time on things with no consequences.

Here's something I want to add as a final word on this for the moment. I actually enjoy twitter now, specially if it involves brigading or talking to cute women or just chilling with friends and fun people. I'm not as obsessed with politics etcetera as I used to be, or stressed out even, so things have gotten more manageable. Also I unfollowed a large portion of the stressful folks.

Reddit sucks, even the helpful informative communities can be evil trashy addictive, I get very little value out of those unless I'm specifically looking out for some information, such as for mushroom-growing or winemaking. Husk, all empty. The junk food of information, so addictive and fun to consume, but it is inessential and doesn't help you grow in any way.

My plan going forward is to manage my reddit presence, grow a community, get to know and impress a whole lotta cuties, and just have fun. Use it as a resource to inspire my posts maybe. And completely entirely ignore reddit. It brings no joy happiness and growth in my life.

Total time sink, yeugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.