Crickets and the moon and the outside aka the most connected to nature I've been in a long time

 Last Thursday night P and I got a little high, and the three of us in the VA burb went into their balcony, laid down on their picnic carpet, and stared up at the moon and the clouds.

I'd never been as connected to the night sky.

The moon, did you know you can see the craters and mountains with your bare eyes? And if you use shades, the glow doesn't affect you either, so you can almost see the finer details as well? And it's not just one giant ball of white light with some black specs here and there, it's not hard to make out some of the bigger details, and you don't even need a full moon for that?

We looked at the wisps clouds flow in front of the moon much like water flows over a bright torchlight in the river. We saw clouds crashing against each other, bounding back, sloshing around, and just moving like one powerful river that can never be stopped, whose banks are infinite, one that shines ethereal white on bright cool nights.

It was a magical experience.

Often I'm done with appreciating nature after fifteen minutes, most. We were at it for two hours. And I didn't even sleep like I usually do right after taking the gigglies, no sirreee, I just stared at the skies my mouth agape, wondering about the awesomeness of space and our existence.

Yeah sure there was a brief period when I looked directly at the moon and try to observe myself as an disembodied viewer, picturing the Earth and the Moon and the stars as celestial bodies and myself as an insignificant speck of dust. That was when there was a sudden panic attack about the possibility of an alien attack because of course they would, we're so smart and capable and ambitious, they most certainly want to do something with us and we have no defence mechanism. I communicated my concerns to PL who told me not to worry about such small things I didn't worry on an everyday basis.

I listened to him and that was the end of the worry. We were out for another hour, besides snacking on everything edible in PN's snack cupboard, I gave my full attention to the most amazing art that was in front of us. I don't regret not taking photos of this at all.

Oh and by the way, the crickets were being so loud with their chirps we could barely here each other. Truly made me feel like I was so far away from 'civilization'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.