Wrap lunch, slow workday, midday hike, thru hiking considerations, herb destruction, rice and tarkari dinner, suddenly asleep [Mon 29]

 I write this (and the previous 15 posts I guess) the following night.

Got up quite early, so very fresh, I don't understand what was up with me but I was jumping with joy and full of energy in the morning. As they day went by I got tired and my head hurt and even the smallest of things became irritating.

Not much was happening at work, I was waiting on a few decisions, a couple of reviews, that was it. Oh yeah, I spent the entirety of morning trying to reconnect to the VPN because they threw be out accidentally due to a misconfiguration. Was in a call with IT for 3 hours, they didn't even pick up, but reached out to my manager and he solved my issue in a matter of few short minutes.

For lunch I had the remainder of the wrap we'd gotten from the Indian restaurant the night before.

At about three, I paused working, N and I took an hourlong uber-ride to a nearby park and we walked for about an hour-and-half. I'd insisted on going on it because I want to do one of the longer thru hikes soon and I need to be prepared for it. Preparation time can take from three months to eight months and I want to be on the safer side. I looked up ultralight equipment, evaluated tents vs bivy's and ways to deal with expensive equipment that might not be suitable for you under all circumstances.

The walk was a bit of a bummer because we walked for an hour-and-half, and then took the uber back home, as the trail was a lot shorter than N had anticipated and it ended suddenly by the side of a major highway. We got some great pics though which was a major win.

After coming back we worked in trimming N's hydroponic garden. After trimming most of the dill and other basils, he realized he didn't want the plants even, and destroyed the plants and threw them away. The cuttings still stay in a jar of water, and we're unsure what to do with that amount of herbs. If anybody's got a good usecase for half a pound of dill....

In the evening N was busy with meetings so I took a bunch of selfies. Ate rice and TJ's Indian Mixed veggies. After he was free we talked a bunch, watched the tv. I tried to avoid going to bed at 12 because I wanted to write, like really write but my body thought otherwise and I fell asleep. Like without being aware of it. Without brushing or changing or making my bed on the couch.

Got up at half past four in the morning, brushed, changed into proper sleeping attire, made my bed and went back to sleep, to get back up at quarter to nine the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.