James Acaster is killing it

 James Acaster is a youngish British comedian who released his show online, Cold Lasagna Hate Myself 1999, a show which was critically acclaimed by all the critics including those at the New York Times. He's a funny dude with a weird style, a rather self-deprecating demeanor and experimental wit. Whatever that might mean.

You need to be watching him. He's on Netflix with his comedy specials and yeah they're not for everybody British comedy is quite dry and I'll admit I sort of zoned out towards the last fifteen minutes of the four hour collection of his shows, but you really get a sense of the sort of person he is and the strange things he does, the justifications behind them. It's strange and alluring and you want to know more explore in greater depth into the mind of the Acaster and you get sucked into this vortex. We want Acaster, we want acaster.

He's also got two podcasts, one of which my sister listens to and the other I listen. Off menu with james acaster (and ed gamble) is the one I listen to, my sister apparently listens to the other podcast which is about music. The show I listed to is great, worth adding to your playlist if his is the sort of humor you favor.

Among other things, he's also played in Taskmaster, Would I lie to you?, eight out of ten cats does countdown. And opened for one of Conan's recent shows.

He's a cool guy, he's a good guy, recommend watching his shows, all available on netflix, and individual available for free on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.