Review: Indeblue restaurant and bar, Philly

 On my (and N's) last night in Philly before we left for VA, we went to the Indian restaurant Indeblue. I wanted to take the girls and N out for dinner since I'd be going away but MD insisted the two of us split the check...it was a mix of my farewell dinner, and her housewarming treat.

Mostly good things to say. The restaurant is pretty great, it's an upscale, creative Indian restaurant...it's more of a "british Indian" restaurant than an authentic Indian, or american Indian restaurant. not that we had an issue with it.

Food was f-ecking fantastic. First appetizer we had was the crispy spinach chat -- crisped baked spinach with bhujia and other chat materials. New idea, sort of like crispy seaweed salad but with indian spices. Great 'appetizer' in that it only got us hungry for the real meal. The next item, which I didn't try, was the lamb lollilop, that came with its vinegar dipping sauce. The vinegar and lamb sorta' gave it away, this is more of a traditional Indian-inspired british food, and was great. The third appetizer was roasted brussels sprouts with honey and nuts, and burrata on the side. Nothing to do with Indian cuisine, again no big deal. I've made better 'sprouts, but there wasn't a big flaw with the dish itself. I had the most of it. I'd have cooked for tad bit longer, but different tongues different tastes.

The rice...we had the saffron rice, was fluffy, buttery and so soft, it melted in my mouth. The vegetarian entree was some sort of cheesy kofta. The kofta balls were kinda' disappointing and didn't add anything to the dish, I had to force feed myself three of those...VD helped out by eating the fourth, but the sauce itself was bomb. Real bomb I mean, with cashew-based sauce and hella lotta butter/cream as well. Yumm.

The lamb curry the others had was apparently great too...there was nothing left in the table at the end.

We had mint lemonade for drinks, so refreshing and cool, MD who didn't want to get anything to drink when we first started kinda' wished later on she'd ordered the drink.

We were so full we couldn't dare order desserts, they looked good tho.

Service was great, nice servers, They didn't change our plates between the courses, and there plates were tiny, but I imagine that's to discourage people from mixing everything into one giant mush like they do back home.

Quite good, one of the better Indian restaurants around. Thirty bucks a pop, a pretty great deal as well. I can't say if this place was any better than Veda, the other upscale Indian restaurant we've gone to in Philly, but if you're looking to eat decent Indian food, this place has gotta be on your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.