Yummy indian breakfast and desserts, the guests arrive, battlefield hike, fruitcutting and dishwashing, momomaking from scratch, yummiest veggie momos ever, drinks and stories, desserts [Sat 20]

 Went to Bombay Cafe in the morning, had two samosas and an alu tiki for breakfast. Yum, they're so great once in a while. We also bought some solid jeri and yellow laddu as desserts. Also bought a dozen samosas for the guests, the original reason we were there for. Apparently Bombay cafe does food as well as grocery deliveries, together. Need to write a separate review of the place because it's...interesting.

Got the house ready, chilled in the sun for a bit, and then the guests arrived, the five of them. SB and PS, SB's parents, and A. We showed them around the house, got some tea and water etcetera, and headed out for a short hike in the battlefield.

Battlefield hike was fun, we talked about roommating with a former miss nepal and how I might be interested in that but not really, people's family stories, etcetera. Longer than the one we took the last time because SB's parents wanted to get as close to 10k steps as they could.

After we came back I was up and about helping with the littlest of things. First it was cutting fruit, then it was grating cheese and paneer into the veggies, then it was making the filling. Then I kept on washing the dishes while guests ambled about. I did not comprehend the large volume of dishes that was to be consumed at times like those, and if I hadn't been cleaning constantly, there'd be a massive mountain of dirty dishes in the end of the day.

After the fillings were done, I worked with A on the wrappers, A rolled them out, I cut them into circles and passed the leftovers back to her. I attempted to optimize the process but apparently they were too thin, so I had to go back into my regular method.

When the momos were done, they were one of the best I've ever had, and I must have had maybe 20-25, which is more than the sum of the momos I've had in the last year not in the PN household.

We talked about our dreams and aspirations, career goals, travel plans, with SB's parents. Sb's dad told the story about how he met sb's mom, and their career trajectories. Everybody had fun drunking and talking, I had seltzer.

We had desserts from Paris baguette before everybody left. Aunty gave mee a maichaa t-shirt from nepal.

P and I got the gigglies, I finished most of the remaining desserts, as well as all the bilaauni-sugar-chiura dessert he and I had made the night before. Must have been 5000 calories right there ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.