Amazing farewell lunch, trip to DC, uneventful ride to Philly, walk, furniture setup, halal rooftop dinner and deep conversations [Sat 27]

A lot of things happened this day.

This was my last day in VA!

So N cooked my all of my favourite food things, much like one's parents did when their child was to go to boarding school for months. For lunch we had roti, chickpea-and-tomato gravy, the classic eggplant gravy N makes, eggs, and pineapple juice. So filling. So tasty. We sat in the sun for several hours, soaking in the vitamins and almost sunburning our skins.

After a quick packup, which in retrospect I have discovered was not too through because apparently I missed out quite a few items of clothing there, which means I can go empty handed the next time I go there, we headed out for our drive to DC at quarter to 1. We took the longer scenic route once again and once again we were afraid we would cut it pretty close.

However, we had the experience from the previous trip when we didn't plan our journey right and I had to miss my train (you can search it in the archives, if you search for 'miss' and 'train' it's probably in there, I can't be bothered to do it). So we got there like 20 minutes in advance. We parked right by a homeless camp which was a few blocks away from the US capitol, strolled about went to a nice park took a few selfies. Went to the car, they dropped me in the Union Station and went away. I went straight to the train and settled down in my place. Found a few Nepali girls on my car, I've written about this experience in one of the previous posts.

The journey was uneventful except in how productive it was. I wrote like six or eight posts throughout the course of the 2-hourlong journey. Wish that's how I worked every day.

Got to Philly right on time, walked to N's place, it was a 20-min walk. Felt such a bauss walking in my heavy backpack in a big city, felt like a real backpacker. He was busy with work, so got up into the apartment and set myself down comfortably.

A few hours after resting and catching up, we went down a couple of floors to help his cousins set up their furniture. They've furnished the apartment quite well and it looks cute af. VD made chauchau sadheko.

It was time for dinner, we agreed to go to the halal cart a few blocks from here (I've written the review a few posts previously), and went to the rooftop to eat. On the twentieth floor. It felt incredible. We talked about life, relationships, expectations of future, etcetera, I stayed pretty quiet because I wasn't feeling like having a heavy conversation. The food was fantastic.

Realized while we were getting the halal food that people don't care about the pandemic anymore and everybody is out and about, drunk uncaring and maskless. Hooo boy, this might turn out not too well.

We slept disappointingly early because there wasn't much else to do. I guess it was like, 12 already but still, it was a weekend night and we're young in the middle of one of the most happening cities. Whatever. We're boring people I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.