I'm not particularly charming, it's just that the standards are set super low

Let us not mince words here, this has been alluded to in the recent past on this blog so I'll get right to the point: not to brag and it's not even a big achievement, it's something any seventeen yearold would be doing decently well anyway, but I've been uhh how do I put it, killing it, as of late.

This post is to set the record straight on that one.

I'm not particularly charming or exciting or interesting. I don't have an exciting taste in music, don't dance, not sporty at all, don't play any instruments, am short fat and balding, and not particularly funny. I'm easily distracted and spend a huge chunk of my time watching youtube videos and giggling at british panel shows. My interest in literature is limited to pop fiction and basic sci-fi, even on that point I haven't read anything big and girthy in a long while. Not good at sweet nothings, and have a very limited range of decent acceptable compliments that can be given to other people. In addition to that I'm not well-trained at receiving compliments myself and will fumble and freak out at the slightest hint of interest anybody might show towards me.

I have been known to miss my train stops because a cute stranger told me that I looked good.

Where I'm getting with this is, I'm not a well-suited candidate for having successful mutually beneficial fun interesting exciting interactions with women. On the contrary, I can be a bit of a bummer.

And yet, here we are.

So let's get that straight, I'm not a particularly charming lovable likable exciting eligible person, nuh uh, not at all. It's just that the standards are set so incredibly low, the expectations are so little, so disappointing, that it's difficult not to overshoot on accident. Unintentionally. Without meaning to. In the same way a drunk man might stumble into a handcart and roll downhill and stumble out under exactly the right set of circumstances to end up winning a marathon. I'm the drunk person, and there's been quite a bit of stumbling around.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.