Healthy brunch, battlefield hike, korean hotdogs, lotte trip, chowmein dinner, yucky desserts [Sat 13]

 For brunch we had egg, saag, potato, avocado, roti, and oranges. So wholesome, so fulling, so healthy aahhh. I wish I made that every day. I mean it's not that much work, but there's nobody to share with or the nice vibe, so it's not as much fun I guess.

We drove to the nearby Battlefield national park, which is in Manassas, and walked there for a few hours. It wasn't a tiring trip, and it was a little chilly outside so the perfect time to walk. We saw horseshoe in the ground and wondered what kind of animals roam the area. Also I saw a bald eagle circling the old traditional house called the Stone House.

We went to Siroo Korean restaurant for the korean hotdogs. I got the cheesy hotdog with dorito powder outside and wasn't particularly impressed. PN tell me that their potato hotdogs are the best, and we should try that the next time we're there. We had the meal right in the restaurant itself, something that was apparently quite new for PN. But not for the rest of the four-person group.

We went to Lotte for groceries PN had to do, and then to Paris Baguette for some desserts. Among other things we got a packet of sushi-looking desserts, they'll play an important role in the story later.

Back home I talked to Sb and Sp -- my cousins in Seattle for half an hour or so, and got caught up. After quite a long time.

In the evening, we got some gigglies, chilled in the basement and just tried drawing etcetera. Nobody was in the mood though.

For dinner N whipped us very Nepali style authentic chowmein and eggs with so much ketchup, the way they did it back in Kathmandu.

At the end of the day, we tried the packet of desserts we'd gotten earlier, and they were all so gross, the most disappointing desserts ever, we ended up throwing the entire packet out because nobody could eat those.

And this was N's last night in VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.