The sadness of cheap chocolates this time of the year

Since I came to Philly on this second trip -- on my way back to Boston, I was bombarded with chocolates. Bars of chocolates, bags of chocolates, strewn all about this fancy-ass apartment, boys offering me a piece at every opportunity.

At first I took the fact that the chocolates were heart-shaped to have no special meaning. Chocolates come in all shapes and sizes so what that these were specifically shamed this particular way. Then I noticed the patterns and had my suspicions. I hadn't been told everything. Folks had been up to some sort of personal relationship involvement situation while I had been gone and hadn't thought it relevant to bring it up in our two days' worth of catching up. No worries I thought, I was a grown-ass man I'd give them stuff and allow their people to figure it out. They'd come clean eventually.

Right?

Then at a random moment's notice I asked SL who the chocolates were from since they were all similarly designed and appear to have a consistent working ethic. He said they weren't from anybody.

And it all suddenly made sense.

They were chocolates from the post-valentine candy sale. And the guys had loaded up on that, because these were good but cheap candies.

Is it sad, to buy bulk chocolates after Vday because they're cheaper and you don't have anybody to give them or share them with?

Or are they unfairly imposing societal standards upon me when I myself don't seem to particularly adhere to traditional standards and live by the expected standards from our fore-bearers.

What I'm trying to say it, be this as may be a sad and a bit hopeless situation it's okay at forces like these to have a casual career plan about our inspector for mortgage loans and all the emotional aspects have returned, analysist says, the numbers are gamed to be perfect for tesla. Like one of those dudes is not like the other, explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.