Masala kitchen re-review: they're not at all bad.

 I never reviewed this place though I should have. I first had a dinner here on this day. Then I thought it was an extremely mediocre and overrated place probably favored more by persons who had lesser experience with South Asian food than myself.

I'm changing my opinion.

This is about the Masala Kitchen in Philadelphia City Center, a couple of blocks out from my friend N's place.

They sell mostly katti rolls and biriyani.

Avoid their paneer roles, they lack substance and even if you 'supersize' them they're going to be a massive disappointment. It feels like you've not had anything to eat. That's what I got for the first time, and with all the good reviews online and from friends I had set my expectations quite high. Everything came down falling to Earth.

The other day  -- yesterday to be precise -- I got potato rolls, with added paneer and eggs. The total price was still less than 6.50. It was so cheap we got two of those each, N and I.

And it was good.

So freakin' good. Gosh potatoes are awesome, and spiced potatoes with paneer and eggs inside a thick roti can't go wrong. But most importantly thank the potatoes. Regular readers of the blog will remember I'm the biggest fan of potatoes, a simp if I may, for the vegetable. And goddamn right you are that I am because they are by far the most versatile, easy-to-work-with filling and nutritious foods you can find. And they'll grow in any weather, in any soil conditions. If there were gods, this would be their gift to humans.

So thank the potatoes for the katti rolls at Masala kitchen. Try their potato rolls and egg rolls, if you get the potato ones add eggs and paneer as well, and instruct them to go on the spicier side.

Good decision on my side to have given them a second chance. What does that say about the current political situation in America?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.