Yucky kabab place: Kabob Express

After a long painful shopping trip in the Lotte Market, about which I've written here, we decided to get Kabob. I was quite excited, because of the fond memories of the middle eastern place where I had had dinner with N in Philly a week before. I can't link to the review because I'm yet to write that but trust be when I say it's on my list, and it was a good place by darn!

So expectations were high.

We got two falafel wraps and a plate of kabob. It was my treat, I went to pick up after the shopping trip, and got the folks chiken curry as a side to their kabob plate. We were all quite eager for the dinner.

So. Much. Disappointment.

Reader, my heart was broken. Even for my itsy bitsy heart that breaks all the time these days, this was a massive loss.

The bread of the wrap was the most chewy dry bread of the sort I've ever had. I've made better breads of the sort in my time. They shouldn't be selling it. The falafel balls were half-assed and um not great, not crunchy at all and had no structural strength. There wasn't much else inside the wraps, and things just...dis-integrated once the top half was consumed.

Regular readers of this blog will no that I'm the biggest enemy of food wastage, and I'll keep eating the same food leftovers for a week if that means I can avoid wastage, but yuck, I threw away half the wrap, it was that unappetizing.

PN were not any more impressed. The kabab meat itself was apparently pretty decent, and the rice was fine. The chicken in the curry was quite dry they said, and the only saving grace was the curry that came with the chicken. Which didn't need the chicken at all. So all in all, a massive pisser.

We tried it, and now we know better, but this is something we're not going to be recommending anybody, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.