I'm afraid of going back to boston because it's so cold there

 The weather in Virginia was warm, almost uncomfortably so for the final to days of my visit. Far too humid as well you needed to take off your light jacket if you wanted to be not dripping with sweat. After months of gloom and sadness and bonechilling cold it was a welcome respite even if the heat does get oppressive in the summer months. It was the perfect time to be outside, a little bit too warm but the occasional wind chilled the temperatures.

I'm in Philly and it's not as warm here yet, but I can feel the days getting longer and warmer, and sure there's a few days off here and there but the trend is clear. Spring is here, and it's on the cusp of summer. It's okay to walk out in shorts without worrying about having to change later, and you don't even need a light jacket as long as you're willing to do light physical exercises when it gets cold.

But Boston is six hours away. Which means two three weeks away from this weather. So highs in the sixties but lows in the upper twenties and mid-thirties, consecutive days that won't see the sun come out and temperatures averaging in the upper fourties and fifties. For winter those are godly numbers, for somebody who's just been living in better climate that spells frozen h.e.ll.

It's going to suck to worry about going out because it's probably too windy or chilly outside, because I won't know what to wear, because I'll need to layer upon clothes just in case because you never know.

It's Spring enough to be walking and biking outside, almost comfortably enough, but not enough to do that on a regular basis. So it gets the hopes high, but sets you up for disappointments during the days when there's no sun for five days in a row.

And it's the hope that kills you, it's always the hope.

What a bummer that's going to be.

So I'm afraid of going back to Boston because it's so cold there, but go I will have to.

Two more days.

I gotta make the most of this weather while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.