Warning, a whole lotta backdated journal posts are going to be coming, don't fear

 I have to write 12 days worth of journal posts because I was in a holiday mood and now it's time to be back in the game, I know it hurts, but it's gotta happen for personal growth and everything else. After writing all of those, and one more, I'll be at 30 posts for today, which is by far the most number of posts I've ever written in the history of this blog. That's quite an achievement. That also means that if I am able to write 18 posts tomorrow, considerably fewer than what I'll be writing today, I'll be on track to do regular journal posts and other posts without feeling to guilty about running behind what has been referred to in the past as a posting schedule but in reality is just a rough guideline I've set inside my head to give ma some sort of direction and goal.

Obviously I won't remember every minor detail for the last twelve days so most of this will involve going back to the photos I took during the day and turning those into stories. That means that it'll overstate the food-related parts of my days and underestimate anything else that might have been interesting or exciting at the time. That's the cost of writing these two weeks after the fact. At least I'm getting around to writing these, that's all I can say.

I'm writing this because I've got this habit of writing a disclaimer on every single of these posts on how I'm writing them after so-and-so many days after the real day, how it's all based on photos, etcetera. Since at this point I'm going for terseness and an economic usage of words as I want to get this done as quick as possible, my idea is to get to the point on each of those at the earliest, and move on to the next day. That means I won't have to be constantly explaining to the reader why the posts are all together in one place, no it wasn't that something bad happened whatever, I was just on a holiday for a bit and then bunched them together.

So yeah, it's 10.55 in the evening and I expect this to take an hour-and-half at the most. If I can get this all done before midnight -- it's not strictly impossible because I imagine for several days there's not going to be much to write about except what we ate during the day -- I want to write two or three more posts from the list of titles I have saved up, so what I need to be writing for tomorrow is more manageable. Really, writing is the thing that I measure my life's accomplishments against currently, so I need to straighten out my act here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.