Nepali food, grilled cheese walk about town [Friday 3]

Talked to SL's family in the morning. He left for duty at 7 in the morning. We talked politics, situation in Nepal, N had a nice talk about interaction with the government and SL's dad who was a high-ranking person back in the day explained why people acted they did. It came down to risk aversion mostly. Made breakfast everyone ate, I skipped because too much food and I don't do breakfast.

They left at noon, helped carry their belongings down. Had a nice crispy grilled cheese fried cheese actually sandwich with three four different kids of cheese. Mozzarella included so stringy and stretchy had heck of a time eating. Dipped in hot and sour tomato sauce because heinz is mehhhh. Good good good you don't even need tomato sauce. Also had selroti which they had brought over and tasted a few pieces of goat pakku. I didn't like goat meat for the longest time. Got into it couple years ago and boyoboy goat meet is incredible so tasty when well-cooked. Had two small bits I still don't eat meat but will take bites on circumstances like these.

In the evening N and I decided to go to old town here in philly. It rained as we left so I carried a large umbrella N had a rainjacket. It stopped raining two minutes after we left got quite windy the umbrella was worse than useless. The walk was not as exciting as I hoped but there were a lot lot of people in the restaurants at the outdoor seating that gave some semblance of normalcy it felt good. The oldtown was...fine, it was dark and boring oh so humid and we looked at the liberty bell and this street which is supposed to be america's oldest residential street. It was an oldtimey street apparently most of the residents there are normal people who are annoyed a lot by the tourists. Must suck to be them. I'd live there still even paying a premium and increasing my commute if the insides were nice enough it'd be something to talk about for the rest of my life.

Got back watched tv stayed up until quite late and went to bed. Don't remember when.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.