Early wakes, strange freshness, burrito lunch, productive work, serious writing, cold walk, healthy dinner, early write and sleep [Tue 8]

 I write this at 8.10 in the following morning. There was an opportunity to write this at 9 in the evening last night but I chose to go to bed super early instead. More on that later.

I'm wondering if my daily journals have gotten lately, there's no distractions or deviations only factual statements mostly, nothing worth reading for an interested reader including myself. Noting only things about myself and not the relationships or what's happening with other people is not useful. Should consider changing that. Gonna make that a homework.

Got up at 3.45 and couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. Shockingly I must have slept because felt fresh and ready for the rest of the day. Unclear if meditation played any part in this, but have started feeling effects here and there, they could be psychosomatic, they could be wishful thinking, but something's changing in my mind I can feel it. Been almost a month and half since regular meditating began. Four days since 'continuous' started. It's like showering or brushing, or eating, something I gotta do one way or another, no escape, need to internalize that. The headspace guy says that the median time for a habit to form is 62 days or abouts, it could go upto 200+ days depending on people, so I still got some time before it's become a habit.

Got up up and wrote a bit in the morning, didn't to much because the time was tight and I felt lazy. Since it's difficult to clearly visualize what I'll be doing in the morning the body feels it doesn't have to wake up in the morning. To force myself to get away from that, have decided that all my fun projects will be happening in the mornings, evenings are for walks and basic workout and a bit of reading. So if I want to do anything cool and fun and long term it'll have to be in the morning. Wondering if my willpower is strong enough to want to do that. A lot of equipment lies fallow waiting for me to get back to doing interesting things.

Talked to parents and sister for an hour almost before work and it went into work. Mom was still talking while I was in a meeting, she realized halfway through the meeting I was not talking to her.

The morning work situation was interesting, I've been not very even with the work journal, started it at 11 or so. Productive certainly, I've been getting into greater depth and distractions have gone down but there's not much to do, and I haven't been able to organize the competing projects clearly.

Lunch was the burrito I made the earlier evening, yum. Should make more of those and save for the week. Mealprep as I was saying last night. Gonna get on that soon.

Work post-lunch was very productive, my work needs to be more visible and clear so people see that I'm ready for a promotion my manager says, I need to be putting more focus into that, seriously, that's something I haven't looked at all.

Wrote a bit on the blog and then got to 1k in work journal, washed up, talked to somebody on the phone maybe, ohh I may have been texting, and suited up well and good for my walk since it was several celsius below zero. Felt like an astronaut. Went on a walk in my regular winter hill-powderhouse-bostonave route. Did some meditation during. So cold, head hurt.

Got back, had yogurt-and-pomegranate, grapefruit, and leftovers of mashed potatoes the roomies made. They had done pan roasted veggies, steak and mashed potatoes. The pan roasted veggies were not the best they'd made, the mashed potatoes were really good.

Went to my room at 7.50, read, did pushups and started writing. Didn't write this journal post because I wanted to sleep at 9 on the dot. Was on my bed at 9.07, not bad at all. Realized that doing pushups right before sleeping is an awful idea, need to bring that and reading up.

And that was it. Slept maybe an episode or two of the office after getting into bed, there weren't too many distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.