Slow start, backbay birthday, gigglies, latenight trainride home [Fri 4]

What a mix bag of a day it was!

I write this at 7.45 in the evening the following Sunday. Friday writing didn't happen, and saturday just passed me by, so here I am on the final eve of the weekend trying to get caught up. It's one more post after this, the journal for yesterday the saturday and then it's all for today. Tight deadlines alas.

The good news is I got up on 5.40 in the morning, did my morning meditations and then things slowed down a bit. Didn't get super duper productive writing done, possibly because I wasted a large chunk of the time listening to HDTGM. Still had an hour before work but there was too much happening. It was no good.

Workwise the day was exceedingly unproductive. Like comically so. I need to do better prioritizing various projects at work because there's so many things happening all at the same time it's difficult to focus on one thing in particular. Lunch was...yogurt and fruits, it was nothing exciting, healthy meal haha.

Talked to SK for a couple of HOURS, and her friends about her upcoming job and life and everything. And that's how the work day ended, it was wild.

Finally got to 1k words in the personal journal, a slog but I made it. Lil proud of it.

Towards the end of the workday roommate PK asked if I wanted to go to SRP's place for a 'surprise' birthday party where no surprise was involved. My night was wide open I felt very bored so I took him up on the offer. Took a quick shower and nice dressup, we walked to Oasis where we got a kickass cake which I carried to Davis. There we met ND and took the Red Line and Green Line to Copley stop from where SRP's apartment was 5 minutes.

The hangout was pretty chill early on, we pigged out on the huge huge huge  cake and very large slices of it, I had a big part in encouraging people to eat it all. Then we got to full, unable to talk and move basically. We ordered dinner from a nearby indian restaurant and had giggly chocolates to increase our appetite so we could have dinner. Here's my realization about the gigglies: I want 'em only when I need an immediate increase in appetite or it just doesn't work. The next day was totally wasted, and I blame the gigglies for it.

Had pav bhaji for dinner, everybody else had chicken or mutton biryani. I may have enjoyed it a lot more than everybody else.

Anyway the night got increasingly more bizarre and it could have been me but the way people made jokes and mean references and references nobody else understood but the hosts, and really unneeded brags etcetera, I didn't have a great time. I got increasingly confused. Additionally I wanted to go to sleep early and didn't want to take uber home, so I headed at 11.30. ND and PK apparently left not much after an out from that. Walked to Copley green line red line and walk from davis. So tired at 1 in the morning, dunno if I fell asleep immediately or what or spent forever but there was a big pile of clothes on my chair the next morning, and I slept for way too long. Hmm. Wonder why.  My body really does not react well to 'drugs' huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.