Maybe I should really really get a microwave: some considerations

 I'm thinking of getting a microwave. The last 16 months have been...fine...without a microwave, I reheat everything on the stove, I've also got the air fryer and the oven though that's been used not a lot lately, and you know it's not really a big deal. Or so I thought.

The thing is, there's no meal or snack that takes me less than 30 minutes to make, including the cleanup etcetera, because you gotta clean up the pots and pans and cooking utensils in addition to the cutlery and the rest. Which is kinda bothersome because if I wanted to eat, say, just the freaking oats, I'd have to turn the stove on, boil water or milk, put in the oats, transfer the oats, wait for the oats to cool down, and then cleanup the pot. Plus, the potboiling heats up the entire goddamn apartment, which is not...ideal.

Like, for example, if I wanted to reheat the fapar ko pancakes right, normally I'd heat the pancakes, and the veggies to go with them, and I'd need to do it separately. And then it's going to take five minutes to warm up, five minutes to actually heat the food, and tennish minutes for other things, so I'd have to pay active attention to it. There's no way to just say, I'm going to grab something real quick because there is no quick way of doing things. I thought not having microwave would force me to eat more fancy, and maybe in some ways it has, kinda maybe, but also it has made me not eat that much at all or put effort into it. Because each meal is a long time commitment, it's a hassle now, and not a fun experience.

On the other hand, there's not a lot of space in my kitchen for the microwave. Maybe on the floor? Or the bedroom? These re all terrible ideas and I don't want to gather too many pieces of furniture because I'll be leaving soon etcetera So it's a bit of a conundrum, considering counter space is already tight in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.