Successes at work make me a happy successful boy in life

Here's the most obvious statement that anybody can ever come up with that still needs to be said: when I'm doing great at work, and am making achievements etcetera, I'm happier during my personal life and productive the rest of the day. Put differently, the more productive I'm at work, the more productive I'm at personal life. I've written this before, but I rediscover it every six months or so, and that's how we're here.

The problem here is that my work situation is...complicated in that it's really hard to make clear-cut achievements and progress, and it's frustrating quite often, and many a day I'm not at all motivated to get anything done. So the days when I'm productive at work are quite rare and far in between. Which means my work is rarely the pickup for the rest of my life that it has the potential to be, rather it often drags my mood down because I feel like such a fraud and a loser who's extremely unproductive.

But yeah, maaan I wish I had a job that I could get achievements on a daily basis, and I could at the end of the day put on the tally chart my wins for the day, and use that to motivate myself.

I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.