On the comedy way

This much I know
I have the potential
To make somebody laugh
Somewhere sometime
Somebody will
Be having fun.
Whom where and how
I do not yet know
And maybe that is
The comedian's ultimate job,
To make his family proud
From the laughs
And to find
His one perfect crowd
That laughs at every one
Of his gags.

This is scary
It is wild
All my classmates
Ready to go out on the ride
Weeknight after weeknight
And on the weekends to
Our tool will be the open mic
I know I'm not yet there
And not yet great
But giving up I know,
Is not the way
I must keep up the fight
I must sharpen my jokes
I must keep my wits
Until all the laffs come out right!
It is the comedy way
That I have chosen
And my goal is always
To make people happy and gay.
Etcetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.