What the eff do I need to start making myself read books again?

 This will be a quick one.

I have about fourty books in my ereader and I have not read any one of them, not one single goddamn of those books in the last several weeks. And what do I do all my day? Spend my bullsht time spending reading bullshit fking websites that are totally useless for my future goals, don't add value to my life in any possible way, just make me mad and sad and cynical about the state of humankind and generally are miserable in all ways possible. Unlike books which are often well written, well reviewed, edited, and organized, and presented to us after great investment. One could say books are actually blog posts and/or reddit posts and comments but summaried and collated and organized and sharpened as much as they can be.

Perhaps that's the angle I should take: see books not as the papery things from back when that I should be still reading because they will make me brainy, but the 'best internet comments of the years, collated, edited and presented for your pleasure'. Sounds stupid, but if it works, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.