Touchy topic about getting married: someone you don't know

Note for the future reader: I'm writing all of this in late-November, exactly two months after I should have ideally written this all, because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip. I don't feel too bad though because I am 'covering up' for the lost days, and it's looking like by the end of the month I might almost be done with November's worth of writing.

It has now been found
By absolutely everybody
Who's been around,
That you either
Marry the love of your life
Or for the straight boys out there
You find somebody
Who you don't know, neither does anybody else
Around you
To be your wife.
And same for the rest,
Generalize it y'all.

The reason is simple,
The people you know
You know to well
And any consideration
Of spending any time with them
Raises a storm of considerations
And reconsiderations
Evaluations and re-evaluations
Until the end of hell...

With people you don't know
That to well
There's a veil, one of surprise
And the possibility, and the potential
Of both the parties
Willing to compromise.
With friends, and former friends
And partners of friends, and former friends
It doesn't work out,
Because for them, neither of you
Can take a step back
To imagine a different future
And a different past
Of could and should have beens.

Being with somebody
You've known for long
Looks great on paper
Until you get to know her
And you go, oh brother
I know kinda' wish
Maybe we should have
skipped that dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.