News of Nepal, why do you get to me

Note for the future reader: I'm writing all of this in late-November, exactly two months after I should have ideally written this all, because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip. I don't feel too bad though because I am 'covering up' for the lost days, and it's looking like by the end of the month I might almost be done with November's worth of writing.

Of course,
I tell everyone
Who will listen,
I don't want
To go to Nepal
Not now
Not ever
Just to
Chill with fam
Whenever.

And I
Really really
Do believe that
Or
Maybe
I want to believe
That I feel
That way.

Then why
Like a jilted lover
Who is not yet
Completely over
With an ex
Do I
Obsessively
Read the news
About Balen
And elections
And agriculture
And the rest?
Do I fully
Buy
What I say
All the time?

I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.