On Ukrainian politics w/ Russia situation, and how I need to handle my obsession with the matter

 This is annoying, interesting, wild crazy all at the same time.

Regular readers of this blog will remember how around February I was addicted to the internet, for several days I didn't leave my house or do my job, I took days off of work to follow the news of the Ukraine war. I was crazy about it.

Fortunately for the next many months I eased off of it at things got better, but the last few weeks as things have improved for Ukraine I've been getting into the news huffing, finally blocking the news websites etc on my laptops but my self-control has been compromised. And I spend all day long instead of writing or socializing or reading or walking or working out or doing anything good and useful reading up on the war and imagining how things might go. It's no good. Really, it's not good at all.

Man, I need to get rid of the news sites and sites like reddit and just get off of it, like how people quit cigs.

Speaking of the situation in general though, here's my view on the matter: Russia is fucked no matter what and they're throwing good money after bad to recover from a scenario they know they messed up but don't have the cajones to own up to it. This is terrible, embarrassing, and also awfully evil of them, and it'll pass by just like that yet again. But thank god the Western world has found a united cause to rally around and the forces for democracy and freedom have generally coalesced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.