A poem to thank the mighty yogurt, a gallon of which is being made in my place tonight

A gallon of milk, a gallon of milk!
All converted into one tasty drink
Overnight, a thick batch of yogurt forms
So much nutritious protein to drink,
all for me, all for me,
oh what a great deal it is, so un-pricey.
Take a spoonful of yogurt, (or two if that mattes to you)
And a whole load of boiled and cooled milk
Mix them together, like they're friends for life
and leave them alone, for the entire night
inside the oven, with the bulb still on
the door shut tight,
and lo! the next morning
you have the white elixir
the dessert of primal life
the cheesecake of the gods,
the nectar of ancient times,
ready to be consumed
a different ways, in the hundreds
yummy yummy yogurt
whether it be with fruits or with tea
it becomes a good company instantly,
or I could even cook it should I wish
making me a wonderful dish of kadhi!
What a joy, what a find, what a lifestyle
this kadhi life, is to die for!
oh great yogurt we thank thee
for everything you've given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.