My B&W experiment is working quite well, and Sam & Lucy's 3rd podcast episode

I've written quite recently about my greyscale devices and how it's been going, but I heard something in Sam & Lucy's podcast that I want to talk about, bringing my experience in as well.

So Sam's apparently been doing grayscale as well, and it's going...quite well, I guess, because he went on a date with somebody who he didn't know was blue-haired because his cellphone was on grayscale! That's quite funny and too real. I'm fairly certain whatever frequency Sam works at, I'm probably around there, but much much less talented. But I do greyscale too! And his experience matches mine. It's not the solution to all the problems, but it does take away your interest from the screen.

Which comes with two issues it turns out. First, you definitely, very much need something to take in your interest, otherwise you're just back to the bad habits. So you need to be reading, or drawing, or writing or something, or that energy and interest is not redirected. And second, sometimes the mind desires information and addictive activities so much, it almost 'overcompensates' the lack of sensory stimulation by seeking other low-quality stimulations for longer, like how I was on the internet, reading news for hours yesterday. And third, colors appear just so. very. vivid. once you turn them on, it's quite crazy. The greyscale experiments will continue!

I'll keep you updated, as always, this is a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.