Broadening community, hiking, and expanding groups

Yesterday I went hiking with AD and SD, and I wasn't expecting to meet anybody else I knew of at the forest. But guess what?! I encountered BB and TB, whom I'd met two weeks before, and they had independently decided to show up for the hiking too! So it was a pretty massive community for me, I was probably the most well-connected person there. So much so that I, of all people, ME, I was the person who made introductions and conjoined different friend-groups and made them add each other on (lamao) facebook. 

You will remember that only a few months ago I was complaining about my limited social circles and how I don't know where to start looking for new friends and making new groups. All of a sudden, the universe gives me an answer, in a platter clearly, all I had to do was be open to the possibility of going on a hike, invite people over for lunch and dinner, and so forth. If you want to expand your social circle, the thing to do is to just hang out with more people, consistently so, and make friends with their friends, and their friends too, and so on, until your different circles start intersecting, and YOU become the point of intersection.

It's quite gratifying, let me tell you that, so very much!

What this means is one's social circumstances can change in a turn of a time, and so can one's personal situation, probably. Like romantic situations. ALL one must do is be open to the possibility that interesting persons might be encountered, and be flexible in one's expectations from a partner, keeping one's heart and mind on alert for anything that might seem like a potential connection. When you open up to the universe, the universe opens up to you, that's something that I've been told. And now I'm ready to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.