New personal innovations in Nepali-style pancake making of buckwheat and millets

I have made the best batch of kodo-fapar pancakes until date, and it's such a point of pride that I want to share my recipe with the reader group, if you will allow me, thank you very much.

First I mixed the two grains, in a ratio that had more of buckwheat but the details don't matter. Then added lots of water, and a little bit of the liquid from my yogurt culture. Let the mixture sit out for a couple of days. On the third or so day, the mixture all of a sudden expanded and overflew the container, but the matter was handled, and no issues of the sort arose anymore.

During the cooking process, I mixed salt and oil right into the mixture. Then I poured it in my non-stick pot, a ladle-ful each round, and swirled the mixture around so it touched the sides. Then I covered the top for three or four minutes. Then I used a pointy ladle to flip the pancake, heat the other side pressed for a couple of seconds, and bam! We are done! It was so brown and crusty, probably from all the sugar that was produced from the complex carbs. And it tasted sour and yummy. Friend N suggested it looked a lot like injera, and I agreed, this could be the Nepali version of injera. If I cooked veggies and achaars right, this could start a whole injera-like revolution in Nepali culinary scene. That possibility excites me to no end, but I'll need to perfect the experience first, and make sure people are seeing the value in getting such a pancake.

The biggest pain in the process was waiting while the pancakes cooked, but I skipped that as I was watching youtube from my desk while cooking, so time flew by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.