I need a team, aka comments from a book I've not read

 Oh shit. I just wrote about what I meant to write on this post in the previous post, and there's not much material anymore. I will ramble about anyway because this topic is awesome, I'm just discovering it, and it is one of my major weaknesses. I've been talking to friend N about how he needs to be better at it, if I can get myself to improve myself, this would be a big coup upon myself, that is for sure.

The book Who Not How, I haven't read much. I'm only ten or fifteen percent into the book. But I got the general gist of it already. You need a team. For every task in your life. You're not going to be an expert in everything there is, but you can be an expert in your chosen field, and ask support and guidance from friends, family, acquaintances, even random people, and they'll be more than happy to support you. That's how you reach success, by creating an executive team for your success, and providing them a vision to succeed upon.

So now I'm thinking I need a team for everything. New job search? A team of four execs, one to shape my journey, another to test me with interview questions, another to help me with interviews, another to make me feel better if I don't perform well. Research tasks? Exec team of eight, including four research librarians, three professors, and one writer. Random project? Three volunteers, four coordinators, etc etc etc.

I really need to read up on that book beyond the first few pages and see what opportunities I can create for myself, hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.