Good emotional hygeine in the morning is absolutely necessary for a productive day

 The earlier I leave the house to go to the office, the better I feel about my day. What a strange situation I find myself in. I have discovered that since I started going to the office my productivity is through the roof. I have discovered that my productivity during office hours also impacts my personal time, because otherwise I feel too bad and don't end up doing much during my own time. So if I can offload my more self-care tasks to the work hours, I feel guilty and do actual work-work, and my personal hours are expanded to do other things.

Which is why good emotional hygiene is crucial for a productive day it turns out. What does that mean? One must freshen up, be up and up right after waking up, or at the earliest possible time. Lazing around, watching youtube or reading the news can be addictive, it can distract one from the 'pains' of everyday existence, but it puts one in a negative mood.

The morning, it turns out, really does show the path of the day, it shapes the direction of one's productive mindset, one's learning mindset, one's motivational mindset. So if I wish to grow as a person, if I wish to grow as a professional, and if I wish to grow as a researchers, I will need to get my mornings in order. They shouldn't me lazy and tiring, they definitely shouldn't be demotivating and stressful. I need them to be relaxing and chill, ideally really zen and in curious and open-to-learning mood. Flexibility emotionally is of the utmost importance, and the morning is what allows you to slide into a flexible mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.