An outlandishly busy, socially, day and the perfection of Nepali pancakes [Wed 24]

perfecting fermented Nepali pancakes, pancakes for breakfast, walk to the office, midday meeting with the housing people, so hungry, rye lunch with achar, recovery from the low sugar thing, illustrating, another online meeting, bus to Ravenna, meeting at the brewery, old acquaintances, new acquaintances, cousin hang in the evening

I write this the following evening. Good stuff, finally caught up and getting shit together-ish.

Yesterday in the morning I finally decided to make pancakes out of the flour that had been soaking for almost a week. The first two were absolutely awful, seeing as they were made in a non-stick pot. But I decided to half-ass it and ignore the pancakes for much longer than I'd be comfortable with, and they turned out perfectly! I made about a dozen of them, and they are sour, crispy, slightly sweet, and the best. They're like a Nepali version of injera. I need to explore this further. Had one of them with cheese for breakfast. It wasn't enough, but that's for a different day.

Walked to work, listening to an amazing book. Had a comprehensive plan commenting meeting, realized my work blocks the governmental website. Got quite hungry in the afternoon because the breakfast had been so light. Came home and had a pretty large lunch with achar, but took a long time to recover from sugar de-regulation. Spent an hour illustrating, and attended another online meeting with one of the social groups. Except my internet issues didn't really let me stay on for too long.

In the evening I took the train, and then a bus from U-District to Ravenna where I've gone before to the brewery for a date. Was back in that brewery after many months. Met the organizing people, met old friends, organized and strategized about future plans, and generally felt great I had some sort of community in this miserable town.

Took the bus back, made two friends-ish from the group, chilled at my place for 20 minutes, and then spent two hours at the nearby drink shop hanging with my cousin who brought me a few goodies from back home. Inspired him and encouraged him to take risks, hopefully. It was a bit rainy outside, so going to bed was nice. It was later than usual, but I was tired after doing so much, so sleep was easy to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.