Oh my meal!

So much fiber in my food,
fiber here, fiber there, and there too
surely all this must be doing me some good,
I said oh no no no no no to rice and wheat grain,
not at all girl, I want a healthy heart
and a strong powerful brain.
I'm eating my meals right on time,
and teas and snack, and so many foods
I'm doing so very fine
The grains you have only heard of dear
I have cooked and pushed down my gullet
with a healthy glug of cold water.
I ain't doing it for the health, hear my word
this is all a part of the grand exploration
on how one might live by one's old vision
of an extensive, rich and healthy diet
based on different food groups and a load of innovation.

Green veggies I've started at too,
spinach and bok choy, oh lettuce and the strange greens
broccoli hey there, cucumber is just so fine
in proteins I got me means and lentils, tofu and mushrooms
to me they feel like good wine
I got my healthy breakfast cereals, and several pieces of fruit
ain't no time for scrubs, got no time to brood
food equals brain, and my brain is on fire
let's set this straight, from now on what desire
I manifest, and that I get.
all thanks to the superpower
of great food,
it's not just for filling my tummy,
it's my medicine too.

It sounds like a poem
written my a third-grader,
so be it, it gets me off my roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.