Fantasies about awesome classes and training for basically free

I rediscovered an insanely good resource that I completely blanked out on about last year. I'm quite excited about it, and spent like half a day fantasizing about it instead of writing, cleaning or doing groceries. And really, it was worth it because it's that good.

So UW offers an INCREDIBLE choice of physical exercise and training courses, for what is basically 'free'. I happen to be a student, technically speaking, of the University at the moment, but haven't taken any of those courses yet, those that are offered free. Why? No good reason, can't think of any, must have forgotten.

The idea is this: I'll be filling my weekday evenings with fun, exciting and physically challenging classes for the next month or so. Yoga twice a week? Yes please, gimme a heap of that. Dance classes? Why not, more of that, thank you very much! TWICE-WEEKLY swimming lessons for super cheap? Yes, I'd like that a lot, awesome. Etcetera etcetera. For basically little to no money in the big picture, I'll be able to buy myself a month worth of physical workouts and other activities. If that leads to me meeting interesting people, making friends, or even learning interesting skills or discovering something new about myself, all the better. If not, so what, I was trying to avoid writing all that time anyway, and plus it's hella cheap so I'm basically losing money by not taking those courses.

This is such an exciting opportunity, I really don't want to be disappointed later by discovering actually I'm not eligible to take those courses etc.

And since commute might be a problem since roundtrip to the campus and back is like an hour, the idea is to start dictating essays every day, every round, so that hour is not completely wasted. I know it's a bit silly, but hey, if this works, this will be an incredible month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.