More regret-posting on the disaster that was ai-driven content for the website

Man this is rough. I vastly, and I mean vastly underestimated the implications of bunching planning, writing, and editing several dozen essays, each step separated by many weeks. As I've complained about here before, separating planning and writing of essays meant that I'd be catching up with my original thoughts and spend so much time re-gathering my original ideas. Now that I'm at a stable pace to be able to go back and un-gpt my essays, I'm spending 20+ minutes on each essay, editing, rewriting, and re-arranging. And that's after having spent perhaps 2 hours fixing up those essays already. Deciding to take the help of gemini to 'write' my essays out of the drafts was one of the worse decisions I've made. It has come back to bite me in the hiney so many times it's not even funny.

From now on, the quickest way to write an essay is probably just thinking about something, jotting down the points, and writing it right away or transcribing it at least. Then I can go back and edit, then spend some time playing around with AI modifications to bolster my arguments. If I like what the AI gives, I can always add, but my original essay can remain untouched if I find it less than ideal. Which is not what happened: I based my foundation on ai-gen content after giving it enough material and ideas to write two essays. Once again I'm quite thankful that I made a low-stake mistake early on in my professional journey of exploration that there's enough time to recover from it without negative implications, but what a trip this has been. What. A. Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.