Writing about food, food cultures etc

I've been reading up on this restaurant Tusa that opened in Bhaktapur recently, led by a former NOMA executive chef. And there's so many other passionate chefs and cooks from all over the world who've returned to Nepal to work on their passion projects. It feels like this is the right-ish time to go there and explore my proposal to identify and delineate the 'branding' for all Nepali cuisines, make their menus, and standardize what it means to be a cuisine of a certain type. I will need a couple of months to explore and understand, but I'll get there.

And oh, one of the biggest experts in the field, turns out is somebody I was good friends with in a past life, though they may have forgotten me by now. They also happen to be an acquaintance's dad, but that too is a stretch connection. I will go to Nepal, talk to them, and start my glorious project when the time is right. Or start already, when there's an empty month. Right now, it is not. Soon though, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.