Summer is here, projects are a-starting

 Summer is almost here, so it's time to pick back my projects. Here's a quick update on what I've been upto.

Threw out the old batches of kombucha, recovering one to be used as tea vinegar, and started a new batch. It was the easiest and quickest batch I've probably begun. Starting a new kombucha batch used to be such a production, but this time around I spent probably two or three minutes maximum at the kombucha business while I cleaned up the kitchen and did other chores. The more optimized that workflow is, the more likely I'm to repeat, so that's fantastic.

My other 'large jar' is now being used to expand out the viet ferment with rice lees and fermented soy stuff. It's a gallon sized jar that I'm risking because I liked my experimental batch and the direction that it was taking.

Speaking of the experimental batch, it's not going quick enough for me, so I restarted my temperature controller and heating pad, and put the small experimental batch of soy saucish in there. Set the heat to stay at 42C and will check every week or so. Hope I am not losing too much money in power costs over it.

What else? Milk kefir and yogurt I'll start back when I've got a new batch of milk. I've been meaning to go grocery shop for the last two weeks but something or other comes up always.

Meant to start water kefir but turns out I'm out of sugar, sigh.

Soy ferments will begin soon, the temperature range outside is getting towards the right area.

Oh hydroponic herbs will be a thing soon, that's for sure. Just need to recycle the last batch's water to my existing plants.

What else? Chhyang and other alcoholic brews will begin soon, but I need those big fermentation buckets that are food grade, so still some work to be put there. Ugh, I wonder where I can get those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.