What the hell has gotten inside me -- hunger and the lethargy that comes with hypoglycemia

Last week was...what a whirlwind, the whole thing, it was wild man, I'm telling you. What happened exactly? Well...something to do with my tummy, okay. I couldn't stop. eating. I'd eat a tummyfull of...let's just say grains (healthy), veggies and proteins, and 2 hours later I'd be hungry again. And again, and again. There was so much hunger, besides being hungry and lethargic, eating, going through the glucose crash, getting some sort of energy and motivation, but not much before getting hungry again, that there wasn't much in the way of productive crap I could get going. Which is not to say the days were bad, mind you. I got meditation etcetera done, I had my daily chores tightened up, and all things considered, it was one of the better weeks in terms of personal discipline. But not with high productivity. And FRI and Sat were just the worst.

The thing is, my meals are irregular, which means I keep forgetting to eat, and remember that ohhh there's something that needs to be worked on right when it's urgent, when there's no ability to focus and get anything done. That's actually quite bad. A few weeks ago I even made a 'meal plan' for myself, but it was a bit vague, the timings were all over, and it wasn't really meant to be implemented, more of a general guideline really.

New idea: have a specific mealplan, and stick to it, including timelines. So the new plan is to have a light breakfast, a heavy lunch, afternoon tea (haaa) and snacks, and then dinner. All in their proper 'times'. And I have proper meal items too. So bread (ezekiel, nothing less) and eggs for breakfast, or oats, lunch is...you know grains and proteins, yogurt and fruits, or popcorns for snacks, and dinnery things. Even if I'm not hungry, I must eat. That's how one keeps sugar levels consistent.

Suchhh a pity I had to learn it the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.