Need to restrain vision to be less specific, or be more realistic about prospects

I don't want to vaguepost too much anymore, because the realization that like 90% of my posts are unreadable and un-understandable even a year after writing -- to myself -- is incredible, and I should work towards making all of this more accessible. So here: I've been working towards making myself more marketable, more professional, ambitious, in general. To visualize my end goal, I set the target of becoming a product leader for a product that's being used and is quite popular for a very large company. Now it turns out getting in there is just as bullshit as all the other jobs I've avoided, it's quite likely that the company doesn't even care about the product at all anymore, which undermines the whole approach, and thirdly, it's quite possible that the company doesn't even put out hiring calls for product specific requirements, but just generally, and expects internal placement to do its magic, without specific identification. Due to these reasons, I need to not make my visualizations very specific, and need to be realistic that while dreaming big dreams and using them to motivate oneself are great, and even if specific dreams might help one understand one's goal better, making them too too specific is setting one up for failure and nothing more, and great care and effort needs to be put to avoid that. In other words, generalize your dreams man, and don't think you'll get into that specific company into that specific product in that specific role for that specific amount of money, and just generally speaking raise your self-worth and value, so you provide great value for everybody, not just your target audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.