An incredible personal project for my work: another flop or the golden ticket?

This is a potential new plan for the month ahead, it's possible I've written about it before, if so fuck it, I'm writing it again. I'm thinking if I start writing every day at work, an essay or two during work and after, I'll be able to produce about 30 essays... I can edit and mold and change those essays to leverage myself into a promotion, that's what I'm thinking. Because let's see, a promotion would lead me into at least a 7% raise, and that's a lot of money. Obviously my personal investment into writing those essays is going to be a lot lower. Plus the rewards are double, as those essays will be 'imprisoned' at my work space only for short period, after which I plan to 'release' them into the general world on my website. The only interesting thing is that...it's going to be a lot of work (ahem ahem, the last time I went insane writing so many essays in such short period, that didn't go well, did it?). Maybe if not 30, even just 10 essays in a month is going to be good. All I need is to start writing, I've been telling myself that I'll be more productive at work (or FOR work, more precisely) for so long now, and don't have anything to show for it. So if I set myself a clear set of guidelines, goals, expectations and a timeline, the idea is I'll be more inspired to work on it.

I believe writing four or five essays in one weeks is not outrageous, and I can do so for two or three weeks consistently. Once my energy and fire is gone, I can take a break, or break from it forever, but keep editing on those essays, work them into a cogent argument, presentations, workshops, and squeeze every drop of value out of them. That's the goal. Thinking if I should give this initiative a name and everything, and formalize it, or just go with the flow.

Need to transcribe everything though, that's important. For technical topics I realized I'm much more of a good speaker than a decent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.