What really happened on Jestha 19, part XI

This is turning into an anthology more than I thought. The idea is to come up with 20-30 most ridiculous ideas and write mock research essays. They need to be more fleshed out than what I did for the last one, but that's going to come as things evolve. I'm just having fun here, nothing to see. Continued from here.

Please sit down.

Alright, you gave me the chance to talk to all of you and present my opinions and for that I would like to express gratitude from the great depths of my heart. We Nepalis have grown to not expect much from any authorities, but this project of the Nepal Government, what it shows is that the government is still willing to adapt, still willing to change, to move with the pace of the twenty-first century. Thank you very much.

No big matter, so we are here more to analyze the various theories and possible scenarios that may have occurred in the royal palace that one dark night in Nepali history, more than particular opinions or ideas. Since most of the major theories that were had by the general populace were...proven...wrong, quite definitively by the latest rounds of investigations as you know, we have taken upto the task of listening to the people. Because perhaps we can find wisdom among the crowds.

Most definitely, you will most definitely find a lot of wisdom in the crowds with this project. The public has been repressed, the ideas and opinions and theories about this situation have been steaming up inside them from the very day of the incident, though there was no official way to express it. Now people can construct plausible theories, run it by their friends and family, have science and various other arts and technology analyze it for soundness, and come to you with the presentation of the idea. With modern technology and the great wisdom of the crowds I wouldn't be surprised if we were only a few months to a few years away from definitively solving this issue. However the outcomes of the project end up, the fact the government is even doing it, allowing the general public to voice their opinions on a matter of great public importance is commendable, and will be seen in a positive way going forward. We can start expecting similar behavior towards other matters, and very soon you get this very strong nexus between public expectations and government's delivery of them. A more heavily invested public gives us a more accountable leadership, greater accountability leads to honesty, less corruption. Once we stop bothering over the small differences and other things, we can actually put our attention towards the policies themselves, finally, like other countries, instead of getting stuck on the corruption and the power and politics of every little issue.

Thank you very much for the appreciation of the project. Before we can begin, I'll ask you some general introductory questions, some of which you may have already answered in the documentation. That is so that this interview, which is being recorded can be associated with you and saved for posterity.

So to begin, please tell us a little about yourself. What you do, what your background is, things like that.

Where to begin, how can I talk about myself so freely, haha but still I'll try. I'm a housewife, my husband used to work for the government service but he retired several years ago and now we are involved with tourism business. Even though I have served as a housewife for many years, I have shown interest in local politics and various social organization, through my involvement in the Civil Servant Wife Association and various local charitable organization. So my time is spent outside as much as it is spent inside the house. Specially these days now that both our kids have grown and are in colleges abroad, there is not a lot of work for me to do inside the house, which is why I'm helping my husband run his business, as well as taking my charitable involvement into the next level. A bit recently, the last six or eight months since, I've been involved in local politics, the ward office in our town and various elected offices, due to my dissatisfaction with the politics at this level. Because you know a lot of people like to complain complain but not make any contributions towards changing the culture, but I'm not like that so I'm currently running a campaign as a counselor for our local ward. Currently not affiliated with any other political party because to be quite honest they're all the same ideologically there is no reason for differentiation but if it comes that I'll need a membership to run or win in the election I'm sure I can convince the local netajis that I'm a capable politician. It's just like that, like everyone else we came from the village ours was in the east and now we are living in Kathmandu, retired sent our kids abroad and just waiting for things to improve. Tired of waiting, we are showing involvement ourselves, including in this great government sponsored public involvement program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.