Philly exploration with friend's family, awful italian lunch, chips dinner and intense cardplaying [Sat 20]

 My first weekend in the city of brotherly love was a chill one. Got up way too late since the hosts didn't seem to be up until forever. We had hash browns and eggs for lunch again, really loving the situation here. A little bit after noon, N's cousin V came over, and we went to South Philly to the Italian Market.

We walked for about half-an-hour to get there, I took photos of so many pieces of street art. Philly is such an interesting city I've said that many times...if I had more friends and people I cared about living here on a more permanent basis, i'd so happily jump at an opportunity to shift here. It's close to my heart for some reason, much more so than Boston which I consider to be a soul-less corporate sick place. Friend N says he considers Philly to be a more manageable version of NYC and I agree. It should have more things going on for it, while hopefully maintaining the affordability. The affordability is one of the greatest things it's going on for itself. Just allow people to build more houses and they'll come!

We checked out a few places and in the end decided to go to an okay-looking Italian place. I've written about that before here, and I don't want to relive the trauma. It was bad. After the shitty lunch we went to an italian pastry shop that made us wait fuckin' fifteen minutes for tiramisu and cannolli and then seemingly forgot us. What a goddamn travesty, clearly not our day.

Walked back the longer way home, chilled watched some tv, talked a bunch about politics, living in various places and all of that. N made more chips and dip. Played a couple of rounds of the card game 'bullshit' and 'Call break'. I didn't lose the game, almost won it in fact. V won the game and she was ecstatic. She and I played heart attack as well.

After everybody else went to bed, N and I talked about life, friends, people we knew from way back and where they are now, and revelations I may or may not have known and suppressed deep in the mines of my memory since they didn't fit in very well with anything else happening.

Went to sleep at what must have been...1.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.