The upcoming short-term travel plans

Since travel's so curtailed these days and nobody's going on vacations anymore, all we can do to have fun is talk of our plans to have fun and do things. That's what this post is. I've brought up these plans multiple times already, but now there's some action happening, so here they are for the sixth time.

I'm planning on going somewhere this weekend. Possibly. Most definitely the next weekend. When and where is not clear yet, it all depends on the stressful meeting scheduled for Friday. If it goes well then we're going to be taking the Amtrak to Philly. If it goes alright, possibly to Brookline first and eventually to Philly a week later, but most definitely to Philly a week after that.

Philly stay's lasting a week minimum, could go up to two or three weeks depending on how much I can concentrate in a locked space with two folks, on the couch without a personal space. The building's got a conference room and a business center, N tells me but I'm not sure if they'll let me use it every day all day.

After that I'll be making my way to VA, to see friends since my cousin's still recovering from pregnancy. It'll be a nice few weeks of Spring, exploring various hobbies, doing camping and shit, hiking trekking, exploring nature and what not. Many people to catch up with, have fun, play poker until wee hours of the morning.

Then it'll be back to Philly for a day or two, maybe even a week depending on how generous the folks are feeling, after which N and I are going to NYC for a few weeks. I'm going to be proposing that we get a nice room on one of the higher floors of those nice goddamn hotels so we feel like we're rich and we've finally made it. Eat at good places, live like tourists, have small get togethers of only the nearest and the dearest practicing all social distancing rules and practices. Good times will be had, while making sure everybody is careful and safe.

It's unclear where I'll be after there, either I want to be back in Boston, or fly straight to Seattle. Because a couple of folks are there including AKS, KP, TT, SB and many more. Lots of catching up to do with everybody, and just chilling out. Should be a good few weeks, at least, if not more. I really do hope so.

Depending on where we're at with pandemic, maybe I'll consider flying down to California after that, that's under consideration.

And that's my short-term travel plans! This post was going to include my longer-term travel plans as well, but that's going to be the topic of a different post at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.