The upcoming long-term travel plans

Last night we talked about short-term plans, this is about the medium-to-long term travel plans ahead.

First, the gc process goes as always, unclear when I'll be allowed to leave the country and safely come back till. And all the places I want to go may not be open to tourists for a long time, though fingers crossed that's not the case.

First, Japan, for the art collection and due to James May's Our Man in Japan. From there to the Ph where friends live, and relatives by marriage to cousins are. It's a strange cute little country full of nice looking practical people who I'm friends with, so why not go. Indonesia's under consideration as well, more friends there, and my parents love the place. Singapore obviously because if things go as they have been, that may be where I end up in the long long long term, one way or the other, or extricate folks out of there.

Then obviously Europe travel plans are on the cards too. To visit TD, I'd go to Amsterdam. I'm not about the pot or the drugs or whatever, we don't need to go to Amsterdam for that. Just the chill Dutch vibe, the most America-phile country in Europe should be an interesting place for somebody who's on the path to being American. Germany, since MK is in there, Berlin should be a cool place to check out.

Still need to go back to Nepal, meet family and the very few friends that still remain there.

Always wanted to go to China but all the Chinese friends are out of contact alas.

And that's all I got planned for right now. I could get it all done in a year actually, which would be quite funny, and never go on long foreign vacation to exotic locations ever again.

It's fine, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.