The positive rates are going down, that's amazing news

Covid positive rates are down to 3-4% in Mass, and going to quite fast. Which means we're almost in August-September rates, back in those relatively safe pre-holiday periods.When going to groceries was not as scary, and you could go eat out comfortably.

Not to be rude, but the goddamn thing is beginning to take toll in one's self. Haven't seen friends in over a month, or hung out outside roommates and their friends. Haven't gone on nice trips drives etcetera since forever. Cabin fever, I mentioned almost a year ago, is here finally it seems, and I'm not liking it. This feels like prison, purgatory, eternal hell of damnation. A punishment for crimes from previous lives.

What I've begun missing the most, in addition to everything else obviously, is being out in the open, going to restaurants and bars, talking to people, eating, laughing, and just...seeing people's faces. I haven't seen cute women's faces in a year, more than that, since coming back from Singapore and Nepal really, and ahhh the lack of beauty in one's life is terrible for psychological health. There's only dreary dry and sadness. Just let me look at beautiful women, eat good food, get maybe a little tipsy. I don't drink yes, but I'll make an exception if it means we can go back to saner more manageable times.

The lower rates is why I'm considering actually following up on my travel plans. In either five days or twelve days, I'm thinking of going to Philly to crash at N's place for  week or so, and then to NG's place at least until my birthday and a week or two of spacing time. Back to N's place for a week or so, to NYC, and back home safe and sound in April. Just in time for the vaccine. One can hope.

I need people, I need company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.