Busy workday, second Subway lunch, Tj's trip, homemade pasta and deep conversations with the girls, very late to bed [Wed 3]

 Writing this the evening of the next day, I've been so sick and tired of catching up with writing and getting lazy for other days. The idea was to be writing multiple times on the same day, but it's not working out. I'm really disheartened.

In any case, I felt well-rested from the previous day, the day was quite productive workwise. I felt so good, created a couple of PR's and what not.

For lunch I had the second..free..subway, it was satisfying and the prices were reasonable but not as spicy and sour as I was hoping. Still I'm thinking of ordering a couple more of those orders in this stay.

Also moved my trip to DC to coincide with N's trip. I was scheduled to leave on Monday but N was like, what's the point of leaving in such short difference just go with me and I did. So I'll have stayed here for three weeks by the end of it, which is a decent time, I'm happy with it. Of course the fact that we've got this decent-sized friend group with smart cute young and single women to hang out with, helped, despite them being my friend's dearly loved cousins. Always a great time.

After work I went to TJ's to get materials for pasta-making, since the girls were coming over. At TJ's I listened to the imaginary restaurant podcast with James Acaster, the guest was Louis Theroux, didn't realize he was such a funny person, he does amazing impressions. In the store I got walnuts, basil, real parmesan block, jo joes cookies, cream and a couple of more ingredients for pasta plans.

Got back home, freshened up, started preparing the foods. N made the dough, got the dough flattening and cutting extensions and worked on making the pasta while I worked on pesto. I spent conservatively two hours pounding on the pesto, before finally using the grinder. Everybody loved it so much, N, me, MD and VD.

We had great conversations going about our life plans, future, ambition and what we want out of our partners etcetera. Shared birthday with people, figured out sun signs and finally got snapping with folks. Also helped MD with tonnes of translation for her work. Amazing times were had.

Couldn't go to bed until late, for some reason fell asleep only at quarter to three, which means I didn't get a lot of restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.