All-in on meeting new people

 Now that I'm in Seattle, which is a new city where I have limited social networks and know absolutely no ins-and-outs of, I'll be focusing on lowering my standards for knowing new people and considering people I barely know or understand to be acquaintances or even yikes, friends.

It has getting clearer that most people in America generally speaking have low standards for talking to people and making friends, and it's just us and our larger group that doesn't really open up to taking new random parties inside its circles unless forced to somehow. Which works terribly well, we're doing great, and people hang out with each other etcetera. But that's not too exciting for exploring and getting to know the world and understanding what the heck the people who're not us and have lives very different from ours are like.

And thus I've decided to go all-in on meeting new people, getting to know them, inviting them over and generally hangin'. If it goes south, worst...case...well...maybe lets not talk about that but believe me when I say there's not too many serial killers out there these days, and I don't have any valuables to take or steal from, so there's nothing specially awful to worry about.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.