F9 a review

This is a super-quick review of Fast and the Furious movie, the ninth installment of the series. F9, as it's also known as and what I asked the cashier for at the theater.

I went into this movie cold. I don't know anything about the lore. No backstory, no knowledge of the characters, no interest in the relationships. They kept mentioning 'family' which was confusing because I was expecting to see some sort of more traditional family structure though that is more attributable to my lack of wokeness with regards to the meaning of a family. I'd read the reviews, and seen the trailer, so I wasn't completely blind. Just totally unaware of the mythology surrounding the whole thing;

It was a goddamn good time. They fly a car to space, pretty much, knock at the doors of a space station cold, and make it back alive. And everybody's invincible. There's no permanent bad guys, just people who're confused and misunderstood, once the confusion's cleared up, every movie apparently has the main villain come back as a part of the 'family' in the following movie. Which is also what happened here.

The cool thing about this was there was little to no car-related CGI, they were all real shots of cars being destroyed, using IRL effects. You can tell the difference with the lack of glossy weird effects, and more 'realistic' physics compared to... CGI simulation.

Even if you've never seen any of the preceding movies, it'd be worth the time and money to watch F9, as long as you don't get yourself expensive snacks. Great entertainment for 9 bucks a pop, plus you get to sit in the AC, but maybe not for thirty bucks per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.